Opiniones de Squarespace

4,4 /5
  • Atención al cliente
    4,4 /5

Sobre Squarespace

Squarespace proporciona herramientas creativas que impulsan el futuro de la web.

Descubre más sobre Squarespace

Mostrando 1885 opiniones de %{reviews_total}

Derek N.
Marketing y publicidad, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 04-08-2019

"The best web design platform available"

Comentarios: I am designing 99% of my clients websites on Squarespace. It helps me get to market faster and easier, and deliver a product my clients love.

Puntos a favor: I have been designing websites professionally for over 15 years and it's very rare that I don't design on Squarespace for clients. It's easy to use, the templates are beautiful, and there are so many features and endless flexibility.

Contras: I wish custom code injection was available on the basic/personal levels. As of right now, you need to upgrade to the business account to inject any code in the header or footer.

Alyssa P.
Founder & Creative Director
Diseño, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 04-10-2020

"Squarespace is my favorite web design platform as a boutique web designer"

Comentarios: I love Squarespace. I've been using it for over 3 years and have been able to quickly produce several websites with it. I'm a little disappointed by how much Squarespace is limited on design, but the tradeoff is worth it with how easy their platform integrates e-commerce, email marketing, scheduling, and inventory management all-in-one.

Puntos a favor: Squarespace is clean, sophisticated, modern, easy to use, and has built-in features such as domain purchasing, email marketing, scheduling, and e-commerce that make it easy to run a business. With Squarespace, I can trust that my clients will be able to manage their website 100% by themselves once I finish designing it for them. With other platforms (like Wordpress), I cannot guarantee the same. I also like how transparent Squarespace's pricing and plans are. It's so easy to upgrade or downgrade as your needs change. In Squarespace, I can design a high-quality website extremely fast and share the draft with my clients easily.

Contras: Squarespace is the least flexible of all the web design platforms that I work with in terms of design customization. There are a lot of different types of widgets and ways to display content that simply aren't available on Squarespace because the platform limits what you can change in the design (probably to prevent websites from turning out bad). I've also noticed that Squarespace websites typically load slower than some of the websites I've built on other platforms like Webflow and Duda.

• Publicado el 04-10-2020
  • Publicado el 26-07-2020

"Squarespace, perhaps the best first-generation low-code website builder"

Comentarios: Squarespace is our goto for standard business sites including our site; we run heavy ecommece clients on Shopify, and anything more advanced on Duda or WordPress. Squarespace does win the first-gen low-code war -- way ahead of Weebly, Wix, or some of the others. The platform needs to decide which next market to focus on to continue to be relevant as Duda, Versoly, and other 2nd-gen platforms emerge.

Puntos a favor: Squarespace makes it easy to get websites up quickly -- we've built three, and all went from zero to launch within three days. If you just need some standard startup landing pages, Squarespace is for you. Their customer support is great if about the basic blocks.

Contras: Squarespace has some gotchas that make for substantial challenges beyond the first few months of business unless you're willing to either pay for external plugins or write code, and that comes with several major caveats, such as: * weird things such as sliders for images simply don't exist
* custom CSS only applies at the site and not the page level
* spacing is somewhat odd with no fine-grain control
* certain JS plugins simply don't work on the site
* there is NO undo of any unkind except plaintext
* there is NO copy/paste or page templating
Perhaps the biggest issue is that it feels like Squarespace is trying to straddle the fence between being the leading CMS and the leading ecommerce platform and as a result it is neither. Frankly, the basic site experience is such that we'd be very reticent to ever deploy the ecommerce capability for a client, and so we use it for customers with mostly static content who blog a couple of times / week or less. The lack of premium support for code issues further hampers their market share -- adding that as an option might provide more revenue for them and a way forward, as few other platforms do.

• Publicado el 26-07-2020
Cathie C.
Career Transition Coach
Servicios para el consumidor, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 22-09-2020

"Not as easy as it used to be"

Comentarios: I love the look. The feel. The elegant templates. It’s very clean but the challenge in building has pushed me back to a competitor to build a different site.

Puntos a favor: When I started using square space it was a bit intimidating but after getting my site set up it was fine and I felt confident. I left it a while and came back and now feel lost. I don’t feel confident changing much.

Contras: I feel it has become more developer friendly and less novice friendly. I used to be able to navigate fairly well.

• Publicado el 22-09-2020
Jane R.
Owner and Big Kahuna
Edición, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 13-12-2019

"Great design, great features, great support"

Comentarios: I was first introduced to Squarespace when I hired someone to design the website for my business, and he showed me how to make changes myself. From there I started to play with it and ended up creating simple websites for several clients, many of whom were then able to take over their own upkeep and maintenance. And in the three years I've been working with Squarespace sites, the features and support have only improved. I also love that they're very attuned to what's trending in graphic design, so their templates never look dated.

Puntos a favor: The aesthetic. Squarespace's design templates are fresh, current, and appealing to begin with, which provides a lot of options for customization.

Contras: It's not the most intuitive interface ever, but that said, they provide outstanding how-to articles and videos and infinitely patient customer support, so it's not hard to figure out how to do what you want to do, even if you have no coding experience.

• Publicado el 13-12-2019
Brian H.
  • Publicado el 14-10-2020

"Excellent For Simplistic and Beautiful Design"

Comentarios: Squarespace is excellent for a simplistic web layout for a portfolio, contact forms, e-mail marketing campaigns, and more. All-in-all it's an excellent choice for those that want a professional looking website without having to shell out hundreds of dollars for a developer. I've used it myself as all of these things, and will continue to do so in the future provided I do not require advanced features that Squarespace doesn't support.

Puntos a favor: The Ease of set up on Squarespace is unmatched, I had my site built and running in a matter of 30 minutes, they also offer plenty of layouts and customization options to make your site extremely beautiful and unique.

Contras: Once you try getting into more advanced features things become difficult, whereas if you were paying a developer(which would be much pricier mind you) you could just tell him/her exactly what you wanted. This isn't necessarily the case on Squarespace.

• Publicado el 14-10-2020
Business Development Representative
Software informático, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 18-04-2020

"Solid product, can sometimes be difficult"

Comentarios: Overall, Squarespace enabled me to quickly produce a great looking website. I just wish the process of integrating G Suite and my domain would have been a little bit easier.

Puntos a favor: Creating the design of the website is very easy and being able to track performance with Squarespace's analytics was very helpful.

Contras: Integrating G Suite and purchasing a domain gave me some headaches. I would have liked this process to be a little bit easier.

• Publicado el 18-04-2020
Agata C.
Freelance artist
Diseño gráfico, Trabajador autónomo
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis
  • Publicado el 28-09-2020

"Timesaving website solution"

Comentarios: I've tried writing my own website but a friend recommended Squarespace as an easy alternative. Indeed setting up a page was much quicker then anticipated. I was pleasantly surprised how good it looked - the templates are very nice. After a while I've started to see that customizing the website was a bit limited. Some options that you can easily add in html are more challenging in square space (because of a complicated code). Still the trade off seem to be worth it - Squarespace is very cost effective.

Puntos a favor: ease of setting up the website, good selections of themes and fonts

Contras: Limited choice of options and design layouts

• Publicado el 28-09-2020
Rachel W.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Cuidado de la salud mental, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 24-09-2020

"Easy and Robust"

Comentarios: I have been quite pleased with my experience with SquareSpace and am glad I am using them for my business needs.

Puntos a favor: Setting up a webpage that reflected my brand was very simple. Making it customizable was also simple to do. The stock photos are beautiful.

Contras: I wish it was easier to add the line of code allowing Google to use their analytics without upgrading the service. I am not interested in writing code for the whole website, but did want to add Google Analytics. Having that be an integrated part of the package would be helpful.

• Publicado el 24-09-2020
Jessica R.
Co-Founder + Marketing Strategist
  • Fuente: SoftwareAdvice
  • Publicado el 20-10-2020

"Great for Basic Websites"

Comentarios: Overall, it was fine for a placeholder website. If I were a photographer or graphic designer, this would probably be a great choice.

Puntos a favor: Squarespace is easy to use and manage for non-technical users. The platform includes hosting and domain registration and management, so everything you need to create and manage a website is built in. The analytics are decent, and it's possible to track conversions and create marketing campaigns.

Contras: It's not ideal for SEO, and the themes seem to be more focused on image-heavy websites. If you're publishing a blog or trying to generate significant traffic, this might not be the best choice.

• Fuente: SoftwareAdvice
  • Publicado el 20-10-2020
Mimi M.
Integrated Producer
Marketing y publicidad, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 14-04-2020

"Allows anyone to be a professional, easily"

Comentarios: Overall, I am pleased with Squarespace. I think it is the most professional website builder out there. However, its price point and its inconsistencies hinder it from getting a 10/10 on my end.

Puntos a favor: I like how easy to customize and use Squarespace is and always has been. Especially with their latest version release, site building has become more customizable than ever. Their templates also serve as awesome inspiration. Customer service is also quick, friendly, and efficient.

Contras: There are some inconsistencies across templates and versions. Things like adding a caption to galleries or password protecting a portfolio page - which you'd think would be options, based on previous templates or other modules/page types, are not available across the board. This is frustrating when you're building a site with a specific vision in mind, but you can't achieve those results. CX associates have also told me that there are 'bugs' that are being sent to tech teams, however they can't provide updates on ETA's for fixes. It has been a month since I was told that, still no fix. It's not a good look to have such a tech-forward company fail on promises or updates to users on bugs, or elements that are prohibiting from utilizing the platform in the ways expected. Squarespace is also quite pricey compared to its competitors.

• Publicado el 14-04-2020
Kim B.
Redacción y edición, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 21-01-2020

"Top quality website and easy to create!"

Comentarios: So far all my experiences are incredible! They get back to me right away whenever I have a question or issue. Fast to resolve.

Puntos a favor: Top quality website! Very easy to create a professional looking website all by myself. The templates are wonderful and suitable for all different types of programs. Absolutely love it!

Contras: The monthly subscription program is pricey but a less expensive option then what I've used before.

• Publicado el 21-01-2020
Alanna W.
  • Publicado el 17-01-2020

"Love hate relationship."

Comentarios: It’s a good option for the price, but as soon as I can afford more, I’m personally going to move on to a better website builder with more customization ability.

Puntos a favor: I love that it looks classy even if you’re not familiar with how to use website designing softwares. This is mostly due to the fact that they only allow certain liberties to the user unless the user knows code. In other words, they do not allow the user to make major changes to their templates, because they had professional designers put the templates together so they’d look great! And why let the user mess with a professionally designed look?

Contras: The fact that the user cannot change much means that intermediate users are out of luck. In my case, I am very familiar with how to make an appealing design, and I am also familiar with website builders in general, BUT I do not know coding so I can’t change details that way. Because I know more than a beginner, I get very frustrated at the limitations in design that I am dealt by Squarespace. For instance, they only allow 3 font styles throughout the site, which I understand is a great design approach, but sometimes a different font size or color is NEEDED. Just saying! (Particular afternoon campaign you might want to feature on a particular page, a slight color variation so it shows up better on a photo, etc.)

• Publicado el 17-01-2020
Entrepreneur
Administración educativa, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 15-01-2020

"A beautiful website, tailored to you"

Comentarios: I have a beautiful, functional website to direct clients to. It has a blog, a shop where they can purchase items and much more. The site allows me to capture visitor information, make sales and create first interactions with me and my services. It allows me to have a "home base" from which I launch all of my projects and ideas. I have had Squarespace for several years now and never plan to change--it's really that good! I have experimented with other providers but never found anything so well crafted and easy to use.

Puntos a favor: Squarespace allows you to select a plan that fits your needs. You can choose plans with unlimited pages, commerce options and much more. I love that it's made to be user friendly and there is no coding required (you can code as an advanced option but it's really not at all needed since they offer you everything). You can add all kinds of features to webpages, like forms, surveys, images and much more just by adding elements they call "blocks". This makes it very easy to customize the website to look, feel and operate just like you would like. If you previously couldn't realize your website dreams due to a lack of technical know-how, you can use Squarespace to design like a pro.

Contras: Sometimes it can be slightly unintuitive as to where to find something, so it takes me a few extra minutes to find out where I can tweak a specific setting. Customer support is excellent and fast to respond but only by email or chat, not by phone. You do have to upgrade to a higher plan for some features, like abandoned cart recovery at checkout, for example; however, for the value they offer, I think all the upgrades are worth the cost.

• Publicado el 15-01-2020
Ian B.
Director of Marketing
  • Publicado el 11-12-2019

"A website-builder following the K.I.S.S. mantra"

Comentarios: Squarespace can't do everything you might want from a website. Or... well... it probably nearly can. The devil is in "how" it accomplishes things. Essentially the whole product keeps you "on rails" as you roll out a website. Every element within the builder has maybe one or two customization options, but the rest is hidden behind an impenetrable interface. But, Squarespace isn't just keeping functionality out of your hands to be cruel, it is often saving you from yourself. By limiting the options available to you, they also limit the potential outcomes of your foray into web design / ecommerce / etc into mostly desirable ones. Sometimes, rules/restrictions can be good! In this way, I'd say they are kind of like the "apple" of website-building platforms.

Puntos a favor: At one time, Squarespace's slogan was "build it beautiful." They take this mantra seriously, as the platform makes it almost impossible to NOT make a beautiful website. Can it be restrictive? Yes. But in limiting the user's options, it often is doing them a service. If you absolutely must have functionality or an type of implementation Squarespace doesn't support, then you probably need the help of an expert (either a dev agency or a marketing/design agency) or you are yourself an expert – in which case, you probably should have started with a more sophisticated tool.

Contras: The one area where customization is often necessary is in CSS. A bit of custom CSS goes a long way toward making a site look less like a template. Just as having a clean crisp UI/UX is the bread and butter that makes Squarespace sites so attractive to small businesses, having a "one-of-a-kind" look can go a long way toward making those businesses look more credible. It is a delicate balancing act, which Squarespace usually nails quite well... but the lack of documentation on how the site treats custom CSS is a shortcoming. I basically end up anding "Important!" to everything, because it is impossible to tell what elements of my CSS Squarespace is going to arbitrarily overwrite with no explanation.

Kinsey V.
  • Publicado el 11-12-2019

"Web Design, but make it fun."

Comentarios: I first started using Squarespace under another Photographer, whom I was managing their studio and day to day "to-do's". I took over her website maintenance and blog, to which was surprisingly easy to navigate. I loved how I was able to read analytics and see what content was working and what was not. The sleek layouts made a few easy clicks look like I spent 4 years in web design. So it was really a no brainer when I decided to start my own business; I knew I would be showing my work to the world through Squarespace. There is just something about the designs of these Squarespace websites that look stunningly polished and exceptionally functional.

Puntos a favor: As a former user of Wordpress, I found Squarespace to be a breath of fresh air. I've be using it since 2014 and have never looked back. It actually made designing my website and grabbing analytics fun! When navigating the software, it felt like I had been here before. It was so easy to find the tools and customize the fonts and sizing to my preferences. Adding pictures in where I need them is easy and the layouts they offer display my work in such a beautiful fashion that even I'm blown away. All in all, I love this software because it offers so many different themes and customizations without being confusing. It's actually fun and I love that a blog is included with my site. It's like a whole other site to customize and tweak to your taste. I was never a blogger before but now I don't have a choice, Squarespace makes it too easy to make excuses now.

Contras: There are very few things that come to mind when talking about disliking this software. I do wish there was a larger library of fonts readily available for each area of customization, across all themes.

Kael K.
Website Creator
Servicios medioambientales, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 31-10-2019

"The best website builder for lightweight needs and support"

Comentarios: Overall, Squarespace has saved me a great deal of time managing the website and keeping it updated and current. It hasn't been without its headaches but it's definitely nice to be able to leave it sit for a period of time without worrying about technical difficulties. I used WordPress in the past and it's much, much easier. The major downside is your site will look Squarespace-y. All Squarespace sites have a certain modern styling and it's difficult to give it a unique look but that's the price we pay for simplicity.

Puntos a favor: The ease of creating and managing the website are its strongest suite. There is definitely a learning curve and not everything is intuitive out of the box. However, once you get through the quirks it can save substantial amounts of time creating content and maintaining the site into the future. It takes a lot of complexity out of website creation. It's a major relief to not have to worry about updating plugins and hoping something doesn't break. It's mobile friendly out of the box and much easier to handle things like image galleries or even selling products.

Contras: Every website must be on its own plan. No bundles or creating multiple websites on the same server. Choosing a template upfront can be tricky because it's hard to foresee what capabilities you'll need down the line and each template has its own abilities and quirks. You can always change the template but that often requires substantial reworking of the content. Also, you must work with the confines of what Squarespace can do. If you're trying to do something relatively complicated you're likely to run into roadblocks and limitations and you'll be stuck doing it the "Squarespace way" or not at all.

• Publicado el 31-10-2019
Meghan H.
Director of Operations
Restaurantes, 51-200 empleados
  • Publicado el 30-09-2019

"The Best Website Builder for Simple Sites"

Comentarios: I genuinely love this tool for creating websites. It is easy to use, cost efficient, and turns out a great end product. I have used it to make websites for photographers, restaurants, and sales businesses alike. It is so versatile and every site visitor thinks it's professionally done.

Puntos a favor: This software is easy to use, intuitive, and when you can't figure something out Support is right there for you. They have tons of how to videos and instructions that make everything pretty easy to figure out.

Contras: I dislike the spacer feature - it gets pretty annoying to use those instead of being able to snap an object to a grid and align that way. It works much like Microsoft Word in the sense that if you try to resize or adjust something, sometimes everything on the page moves.

• Publicado el 30-09-2019
Patrice P.
Entretenimiento, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 25-09-2019

"Be Fancy....AND Simple....Live Your Website Dreams!"

Comentarios: Overall, Squarespace gets the job done and looks good doing it! I do hope that there's continued improvement in the area that I mentioned above, but overall, I've been happy with Squarespace.

Puntos a favor: What drew me to Squarespace initially were the aesthetics. The style and choice of their templates were a cut above what I had seen on Wordpress or WIX - of which I did try using both platforms at one point in time. I also LOVE how user friendly Squarespace is! Even if you're not super techie, it feels very intuitive and dare I say...fun to use...

Contras: One of my biggest cons lies within the "blogging" aspect of Squarespace. There are a great deal of limitations in formatting, especially if you don't know how to code. When creating a draft of a blog, Squarespace does not *automatically save anything as you go....so I cringe at the times that I've lost an entire blog post because something froze --- the remedy I was told was to simply type out a blog post in another application (Word, etc.) and then post it in the blog section. But I often find myself editing a draft in Squarespace -- making final corrections.....so I have to be veryyy careful to only edit in my "Word" document and not make any changes once I put it into Squarespace or it has the potential of being lost....

• Publicado el 25-09-2019
Laura P.
  • Publicado el 18-09-2019

"Great website usage, and overall easeability for someone who doesn't know how to code"

Comentarios: Overall, I will be a lifetime user of Squarespace. It has catapulted my wedding photography business into the next level, allowed me to optimize my site with unique keywords and SEO search terms that put it at the top of the Google search for wedding photographers in my area, and the analytics section of the site is really helpful to see where my traffic is coming from on my site and how I can drive more traffic to my site. Again, as someone who knows hardly anything about SEO, it has made me an SEO wizard and has revolutionized my wedding photography business!

Puntos a favor: I love the fact that there are so many templates that you can choose from to make your website exactly the way that you want it to. I also love the fact that the templates are so easy to use, especially for someone like me who doesn't like or really know how to code!

Contras: What I dislike is that there are certain templates that do not allow you to customize as easily, or at all, as some of the other templates. I found that I have to really search how to change things within each template and then decide from there if it is a template that I want to use. It was trial and error to discover that not all templates have fully customizable features and I wish that they all were fully customizable to make it even easier to use.

• Publicado el 18-09-2019
Marisela E.
Ropa y moda, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 05-09-2019

"The best website builder!!"

Comentarios: We have a very professional website, the website is optimized, it is easy to use for our clients, and has brought in more business because of the look of our website. We are pleased with using Squarespace, in that it allows us to update our site easily, make necessary changes, we are able to look at the Analytics and make changes based on that information. We are able to invoice clients through the website, so everything looks professional.

Puntos a favor: There are so many great features with this software, all laid out beautifully with the interface. You can start designing your website using one of the suggested templates or a blank site, but right away you can add images and text, manipulate the look/size/overall feel of the site. The best part is that you can see how the changes look right away, you can see your site on computer screen, or tablet, phone; you can see how website looks in the different formats. In addition, there are Commerce features and many others that are excellent. Lastly, the way that files are saved are organized, very easy to retrieve and add onto the various pages, structures.

Contras: There are no cons that I have encountered. I am very happy with how the website looks. The one con is that it takes a bit of time to build the website to your desired professional look... but that is expected of any website building experience. That it will take some time to get to the finished result.

• Publicado el 05-09-2019
Marianne L.
Cheif Creative Guru & Experiential Evangelist
Diseño, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 08-08-2019

"Beautiful Templates but lacking in Clarity and Customer Support"

Comentarios: The intent of this site was I thought to make it possible for anyone to easily create their own website and get it up and running quickly. I didn't get that and felt I was making compromises again and again. I started a blog on Squarespace with the intent of linking it to my website - Squarespace said it would be a seamless process - followed the instructions could never get it to happen so it's still not linked. There was a challenge with my G Suite registration when I went to renew and after days of frustration and the risk of losing my domain I found out it was something on the Squarespace side that had not been completed. Definitely not what I thought I was getting.

Puntos a favor: I am an experiential designer so my website needs to really give a potential client a feel for what I do. After looking at several products available I selected Squarespace because I felt their esthetic best fit mine. There many beautiful templates to choose from.

Contras: I'm not a web designer but have clear sense of what I want my website to look like. I thought starting with a template close to where I would like the final site to be like would make the process easier and I could get it done on my own. Not the case. Step by step instructions are lacking in information. Inserting text and content is complicated and the final results were not what I originally thought I was getting and found myself making compromises left and right. The template you choose is populated with the elements (font & images) that caught your eye but you have to remove it all to build your content.If half way through you realize as I did this might be the best way to display my images after all you have to start all over again nothing transfers.

• Publicado el 08-08-2019
Jenna S.
  • Publicado el 04-08-2019

"The Best AND Easiest Website-Creating Software You Will Ever Use!"

Comentarios: Squarespace has saved me time, money, and has allowed me to expand my photography business over the past 5 years by providing the perfect place for clients to find me online. Plus, I get SO many compliments on my website! People always comment on how it is professional, clean, and easy to navigate.

Puntos a favor: When I first started looking for a platform to create a website for my fledgling photography business nearly 5 years ago, there were a few specific characteristics I was seeking: I needed the platform to be easy to use, quick to set up, and to showcase my photos in an optimal way to potential clients. I found all of that and more with Squarespace! I was able to get my website set up in just a few days and was able to do it without any tears or that "I'm going to pull my hair out!" feeling. If anything, it was the complete opposite! I couldn't believe how easy everything was to set up and how professional my website looked.

Contras: The ONE thing I wish Squarespace had more of: more creative templates. Their website templates are a great, solid "skeleton" (if you will), but you definitely have to put extra work in if you want to make your website stand out from others who utilize the same template.

Joshua D.
Office Administrator
Instituciones religiosas, 2-10 empleados
  • Publicado el 29-07-2019

"Squarespace gives you web-designer results even if you don't happen to be one."

Comentarios: Overall, I love this product. Everything just works, all the time. No patches, no updates. Easy, easy, easy. And when I made the switch, the actual initial setup of the site took less than a day. Granted the copy was all mostly written, and I was largely just copying and pasting. But still--the whole website was user-ready in a day.

Puntos a favor: Squarespace gives a fantastic user experience at every step of the process. Setup is a snap, site design and layout are easy, with a click-and-drag graphical menu system that makes it easy to visualize the overall structure of the site. Page design is super easy, with drag and drop modules that provide a wide range of functionalities. And there is an integrated store and payment system powered by Stripe. I also love the code block module -- this has been super helpful in beginning to integrate our directory functionality into the website. If you know some HTML, this can be a big plus in adding features. The responsiveness is nearly flawless and (almost always) looks exactly the way I want it to, no matter what device I'm using.

Contras: Squarespace does not provide a native file serving solution. Our organization needs to provide documents, forms, and announcements to members. I have created a workaround using Google Drive and a hyperlinked index page on the site, but if I were not already able to use Google Apps script, the maintenance of this index page would be cumbersome. There is also no member-forum type module offered by Squarespace. Again, there are workarounds for this, but it would be nice to have a native solution. Also, the Squarespace calendar module does not integrate with Google Calendar. Once again, I have found a workaround for this using an <iframe> in an HTML code block, but it would be nice if there were native Google Calendar integration offered by Squarespace.

• Publicado el 29-07-2019
Jenna a M.
Artist
Arte y artesanía, Trabajador autónomo
  • Publicado el 31-05-2019

"Squarespace is great for small businesses"

Comentarios: My overall experience with Squarespace is that it has allowed me to increase my profits, I've had a better time at events when people want to make purchases, and in general it is a well run software, so I really appreciate it. It is very accessible, it has made me look more professional, and it rarely has any bugs. Good job !

Puntos a favor: I have been using Squarespace for a few years as a working artist with a small business. There are a lot of events that happen for crafts and painting, and no one has cash, and I certainly don't have change to give them. When I got onto squarespace a few years ago I was amazed that they sent me a free sliding card chip reader, how easy it was to sign up, and I was a bit upset with myself that I hadn't signed up sooner. The amount of sales I missed before squarespace could probably have paid for a vacation or a big increase in my business, however all is well because I have it now. I really like that I can also keep profiles of different people, I can send people invoices, I can send people receipts, I can really make sure that I stay in their minds as a future place to buy from. I think that square space has also been successful for me because having a squarespace account has made me more professional with overseas buyers. Sometimes I get quite a bit of traction on sales through instagram, and paypal is not seen as the best route by these people, they prefer square space. It has given them ease of mind when they receive a digital receipt, when they see that i take my business seriously, and that has created a lot of good relationships for me in places like Australia, New Zealand and so forth. It has also allowed me to let people set up payment plans by tracking all their payments through square space and that too has increased a lot of business for me. Squarespace has helped!

Contras: I think that I am always worried about losing the swiper. If there was a way where squarespace could get rid of that all together and yet allow a one go swipe I would be really grateful for that. The only other issues I have had is sometimes the software has frozen while I am in the middle of a transaction and that has made things a bit difficult for me in the moment, however, this is common for a lot of apps that have high usage, so I am not super upset about it. I think that in the moment you can hope that things will be perfect but they can't always be. Overall though I think the software has better positives than negatives. I think that it is very good software.

• Publicado el 31-05-2019