Opiniones de Square Payroll

Sobre Square Payroll

Nóminas de servicio completo, desarrolladas por Square. Paga a tu equipo con unos pocos clics. Gestiona tu negocio desde un solo lugar. El software manejará tus declaraciones de impuestos.

Descubre más sobre Square Payroll

It is so easy to use, everything is online, it is inexpensive.

Contras:

For me as a new business owner it kept kicking back my federal tax ID number as the wrong one. I didn't know what that was about and entered it nearly 30 times.

Valoraciones de Square Payroll

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

Square Payroll tiene una valoración global de 4,7 estrellas sobre 5 según las 588 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado Square Payroll antes?

Filtrar opiniones (588)

Troy
Troy
Marketing Manager en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 501-1.000 empleados

Square Payroll makes Payroll easy

5,0 hace 6 meses

The Direct Deposit feature of Square Payroll makes paying employees a very streamlined and simple procedure. The W-2 Preparation features makes tax season a breeze. Sending employees W2s is all within the app. Vacation/Leave Tracking has truly increased the productivity of payroll and bookkeeping. This is the ultimate feature for this application.

Contras:

I feel as though with time Square Payroll will rollout a more aesthetically pleasing interface but I do not find any cons.

Shawn
Servicios para el consumidor, 2-10 empleados

Square Payroll is Great

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: It's accurate, easy and makes Payroll fast.

Square Payroll is fast and easy to use and it works.

Contras:

It takes 4 days after processing payroll to get employees paid. However, you can apply to have that shortened to 2 days.

Laura

Alternativas consideradas:

Great in some ways, very expensive in others

3,0 hace 5 meses

Comentarios: I loved this software, ease of use, money paid UNTIL I had a change in employee status and found out, after 3 months and 3 different customer service agents, that you cannot go from using payroll, to not using it without completely closing the account. And if you close the account, you won't get the tax forms.

The ease of paying employees when I want to and knowing all the tax forms are done for me is great!

Contras:

Lack of flexibility. You cannot open/close your payroll account more than once. If you have part of the year you don't run payroll or have employees for, you must keep the account open the entire year, until January of the next year if you want your tax forms. If you then bring employees back, after closing the account, you cannot reactivate it. The second thing I have issue with is lack of customer service. They respond in 3-5 days, with a stock response, and it took me 3 agents before this was explained to me. I have no employees for 6 months, but I have to pay the $45/month if I want my tax forms at years end.

Barbara
Contabilidad, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Our 100% Go-To payroll software!

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: We have tried other payroll programs and always come back to Square!

So quick and easy to use. Set up is quick and easy! Reports are perfect! Payrolls are always timely and accurate. Agency reporting at state, local and federal level have always been accurate and timely

Contras:

WE NEED AN ACCOUNTANT LOGIN FEATURE!!!!!!! Need a way to customize the weekly summary to load into the client bookkeeping! One sheet that explains the Federal and local withholdings for bookkeeping purposes. For example (a breakdown of EMPLOYER FICA and Employee Fica, Federal unemployment, State unemployment and state withholding need to be printed on the summary sheet)

Elisa
President en EE. UU.
Veterinaria, 2-10 empleados

I love Square!

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Customer service has been great when I have needed it. They create and send out W-2’s and 1099 if you pay contractors. They do all New Lenox hire reporting and taxes.

Easy to use. We use them for payment processing as well. I can do payroll in about 5-10 minutes. On boarding is easy as employees securely submit their own information.

Contras:

For direct deposit you can only have your pay deposited into one bank account. There is no option for splitting.

Oluwatobiloba
Manager en Nigeria
Arte y artesanía, 51-200 empleados

Square payroll solutions

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: My experience with square payroll so far is very good in terms of payment and management

I sincerely like the comprehensive payroll system and it's solution that can help business grow both online and offline. It enables fast payment.

Contras:

I have not found anything i like the least

Jennifer
CEO en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 2-10 empleados

Absolutely worth it

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Efficient, intuitive and great customer service

Contras:

Nothing - it’s a great product and I highly recommend it.

Laura Lee
President en EE. UU.

Simple Yet Efficient

5,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: I am glad that I do not have to hire an accountant to do what Square has included in its services.

Easy to use, reporting is exactly what I need. The reminders have saved me so many times.

Contras:

I have not figured out how to use the employees app to submitting time card to Square. I have had to enter it at the Square Payroll rather than relaying it through the possible phone app. I need training. Is their a phone customer service available?

Hadley
Influencer en EE. UU.
Diseño gráfico, Trabajador autónomo

Influencer review for square

5,0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Super easy to use and most of all I trust the software

Contras:

There’s nothing I dislike fortunately!!!

Camila
Managing Partner en EE. UU.
Construcción, Trabajador autónomo

Great solution

5,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: I love it, it helps me stay organized

I really like Square Payroll for the ability it gives me to manage my payroll in an organized manner. It also integrated really well with my Quickbooks online

Contras:

I like everything about this software and will keep using it until Quickbooks come up with a better solution for their payroll.

Chandra
Chandra
Productos cosméticos, 2-10 empleados

Payroll Basics Covered

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Other than the additional Square account, I am/was super happy with the software. Perfect for startups and small businesses. I highly recommend!

I loved that this was plug and play ready, user friendly and made payroll less of a headache. Tracking hours, schedules and pay was extremely easy and they handled all the government paperwork after set up. Reminders were super helpful and I never missed payroll deadlines.

Contras:

I didn't like that I couldn't activate previously canceled plans. Since the pandemic caused me to temporarily shutdown I had to cancel the service to save the monthly fee. I was super disappointed that I had to create a NEW Square account just to get access to the plan again. In doing so, I had two locations, two Square accounts and double the headache of managing. Honestly this was one the biggest reasons I decided to switch to Zenoti to streamline everything into one account and make management easier.

Richard
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados

Square Payroll

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I run my payroll on a bi-weekly basis. The use of this software means that I do not have to worry about filing the various and sundry state and local tax statements quarterly and annually. This is done automatically. I also do not have to figure out the various taxes to be withheld. The software does it. Although I have a small business, I can run payroll in less that five minutes. It doesn't matter if I am in my high season, or my low season, it takes the same amount of time because of the integration.

I own a small gelato shop. I use Square as my POS, my time card system and for my payroll. The integration of the products is seamless. The time card system allows the employee to clock in and out and that time flows right into the payroll. The time card system also allows me to add a lunch break or correct a timecard if someone forgot to clock in or out. The flow from timecards to payroll is a click of the button. The payroll system also allows for individual benefits, both pre- and post-tax and both hourly or salaried employees. The taxes are paid by Square and are calculated and paid on-time, removing a big headache for me. The tax reports are easily accessible and can be downloaded for those time when they are needed, like for PPP or other loans.

Contras:

The only time that I have had to call support was to find out how to put in a post-tax benefit. That was not intuitive in the software, but very easily done once you knew which button to click.

Operations Director en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 2-10 empleados

Best Bang for Your Buck, No Headaches

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I completely set up the system, enrolled all my employees, and processed my first payroll in half the time it normally took me to run a pay period using my old system.

Hands-down is the high compliance standards for very low cost. Close runner-up reasons are ease of use, both from the employer side as well as the employee side. This software is really great, offers a lot of protection, and cuts my payroll processing manhours from tens of hours every week to roughly 45 mins of double-checking things before hitting "PROCESS". Seamless direct depositing, set-up and managed by the employees themselves (though I can go in and make changes if they need help - only had that happen once so far, but still important). Very very VERY intuitive if you have spent even a little time in any other payroll software (yes, including manual spreadsheets).

Contras:

I haven't had a chance yet to test the multi-state or international aspects (assuming international even exists).

Donette
Fuente de la reseña

Square itself has been easy to use and mostly reliable.

4,0 hace 5 años

The software is simple and pretty easy to use. Customer service is pretty strong and helpful with the exception of the payroll department.

Contras:

The fact that an apple update, in which we couldn't control if the iPad updated EVEN when we had it set to "do not automatically update," completely messed up our system for a couple weeks was very inconvenient and was a total hinderance on our business. We had to wait for that second apple update to fix the issue but in the mean time we could't print receipts, use the reader, or open the drawer. It seems that Square should have made some kind of correction or glitch fix in the mean time to help their users continue using with ease. Also the system has gone down completely in the past, and even though you all apologize... it still puts our business at risk when we can't complete transactions, harming our customers and our reputation. We should have been compensated for all of the trouble that we faced. For payroll, it is extremely frustrating to not be able to talk to a live person when we have questions or issues. The customer service in the payroll department is not good.

Jean
Arte y artesanía, 2-10 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Pretty good, but not quite perfect for me

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: I love that my employees timecards are much more accurate than my previous method of writing it on paper and figuring it out. It has helped me deal with the red tape my state imposes on me, so that's a real plus. I ultimately chose to remain with my current provider because of the lack of blank check printing capabilities. I would like a way for my employees to track their sick time taken on their apps.

I use Square for retail and appointments, so I wanted to try the payroll function. The set up was easy to do, and my employees downloaded the timecards app and didn't seem to have any problems setting it up on their end.

Contras:

It says that there is a check printing function, so the first time I went to run payroll, I discovered that I needed pre-printed checks. My current provider's software prints out complete checks on check blanks that I buy online. So, I'm using the timecards function, but not the actual payroll portion. On the timecards, I still have to calculate sick pay manually. I would like my employees to be able to sign in to sick time on their own.

Danielle
Fuente de la reseña

Simple and easy to use, great value for the cost!

4,0 hace 5 años

Square payroll is very simple to use and gets payroll done quickly. Our employees clock in through our Square POS so when it's time to do payroll, all I have to do is upload their timecards, enter their tips or sick leave and it's done. I've used other payroll systems that are not as simple or user intuitive and I really can't believe how much time I've wasted. I love having all of my sales information and employee information in one place. It makes it easier to compare your sales VS labor and budget accordingly. I would definitely recommend it!

Contras:

Customer service could be improved, mainly with wait times and resolution of issues. Usually I have to re-tell my problem to multiple customer service reps before they pass it along to someone else who will then get back to me the next day. Relaying information regarding changes employees make to their profiles, like W-4s could also be improved. It would be nice to have a separate column to enter Sick Leave VS PTO when doing payroll.

Carissa
Photographer en EE. UU.
Fotografía, 2-10 empleados

I Love Square's All-In-One Interface

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Overall I love Square Payroll because it saves me from having to use another service for my payroll needs.

I absolutely love that this makes hiring and paying employee's easy for small business owners. The features are up to day with direct deposit functions which keeps me from having to meet up for payouts. I also like the look of the software because its not complicated. Since I already use Square for my POS system it's only natural that I use that to stream my money to my employees.

Contras:

The time card function doesn't have full visibility of the whole calendar but I manage.

Tiffany
Alimentación y bebidas, 2-10 empleados

Payroll or bust!

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Square Payroll is amazing as they file my quarterly payroll taxes for me. It is very easy to log on to squareup.com and check my analytics for payroll immediately. Very user friendly! Highly recommend.

Let's face it. As a business owner, we need to have payroll. Forget writing hours on paper (and searching for it later)... Square payroll is easy to read, reports your labor cost right there for you, shows employee break times, etc. I couldn't live without it!

Contras:

Quite honestly, I've used it for two and a half years, and I have nothing to complain about!

Christopher
CEO en EE. UU.
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 2-10 empleados

Ditch Your Other Payroll Providers ASAP

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: I was getting fed up with Wells Fargo payroll for years. Every time I requested a change, such as employee bonuses or salary increases, they would screw up payroll for everybody. I knew that whenever I would ask them for something, things would get screwed up. I was looking for a change, and considered Bank of America. The price was comparable to Wells Fargo. Then I heard that Square was doing payroll. I was instantly intrigued, because I like the credit card payments using the card (see them, but never used the service for our business). Square has a reputation for technological innovation, and the price was very good. I like allowing the employees to manage their own accounts and to get their documentation. Square Payroll rocks! I just wish they had the ability to automatically run salaried payrolls. I don't like to run payroll. All our employees are salaried and get paid the same amount twice each month. However, we do give Xmas bonuses, which is an annual change request that Wells Fargo would screw up most years.

Employees have real-time access to their payroll reports and manage their own accounts

Contras:

I have to run payroll for salaried employees every two weeks.

Jason
COO and Co-Founder en EE. UU.
Bienes de consumo, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Really enjoy Square Payroll!

5,0 hace 5 años

I love how employees can set up direct deposit OR have a manual check, along with Square withholding the taxes and telling me exactly how much has to written in the check. Very easy to manage employees, adjust hourly rate, overtime, timecards and off-cycle payments.

Contras:

Wish there was a way to bulk add employee timecards. For example, if an employee works 5 days a week from home (I know of Homebase, but from a manual perspective) and the same hours every day. I currently have to submit 5 timecards, instead of one batch one. Employees ask about seeing a breakdown of their hours inside of a pay period.

Laura

Love it and need it

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: It has been easy to use and inexpensive. I love it!

Square provides us with payroll and credit card processing. Without them I do not think we could afford to have employees. The fact that they do all the work for me with taxes, forms, compliance, etc. is amazing. This service has helped my business grow.

Contras:

Nothing problematic, we have not had any issues with square payroll.

Serene
Serene
Professional Residential Cleaning Services en EE. UU.
Hostelería, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

A surprise, random audit put your services to the test...Passed with flying colors Thank you!

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I was recently audited by the NC State of Employment Security and passed
with flying colors because we use Square up for our payroll services.
I am busy leading my business, which means wearing many hats, and I have
always depended on Square up to file the right forms, charge the correct
rates, and pay my employees.
All I have to do is plug in the time cards each week and click the pay
button.
The surprise, random audit put your services to the test...Thank you! Sincerely

Ease of use for sure, navigation, and customer support

Contras:

Our team will have the same time cards...would like a feature that duplicates the time and can change the employee would be helpful

Brandon
Construcción, 2-10 empleados

Great Product

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I’ve been using Square Payroll for two years, and have yet to have an issue with it. I love it!

This software is quick, user friendly and very inexpensive!

Contras:

There’s nothing I don’t like about the software.

Iris
Fuente de la reseña

Good

5,0 hace 5 años

Friendly to use. Easy to maintain. Allows many options, Like it in white, looks clean ( saw the new stand in black, didn't like it)

Contras:

The stand is not practical for busy business. We purchased two years ago and has the problem with connection all the time. Poor design. Also, the new version is very expensive and the company doesn't take the old one to give some credit in exchange.

Melissa
Cuidado de la salud mental, 2-10 empleados

No reason to change

5,0 hace 2 años

I love the online platform. It makes it super easy to onboard new employees and/or contractors. Tax season is much easier because of they submit documentation through the year and send 1099s/w2s. I was also happy to see the integration of benefits for 401k and insurance. After 4 years using the product, I haven't found a reason to change thus far.

Contras:

I think they do a good job of giving as much information as possible as you're signing up for things, but it's still a little confusing at times. A