15 años ayudando a las empresas chilenas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre CosmoLex

CosmoLex es el único sistema completo de gestión, facturación y contabilidad de la práctica jurídica basado en la nube (no se requiere QuickBooks®).

Descubre más sobre CosmoLex

We used another system before and Cosmolex is more economical and user friendly.

Contras:

No way to track date of loss and statutes of limitation. Takes a great deal of time to manage task lists.

Valoraciones de CosmoLex

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

CosmoLex tiene una valoración global de 4,7 estrellas sobre 5 según las 338 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado CosmoLex antes?

Filtrar opiniones (338)

Pete
Pete

Alternativas consideradas:

I am glad I found CosmoLex, I could not get through a day without it.

5,0 hace 2 años

It's easy to use, intuitive, and the customer support is outstanding. I've occasionally contacted them with feature suggestions and they usually end up incorporating those suggestions - or they might show me how I missed something that accomplishes the same thing. The product works as advertised and I have no regrets.

Contras:

It had a little bit of a learning curve but I had nothing to compare it to. I now find it intuitive, so it's hard to say. Customer support is awesome, though, and they also have videos you can watch that explain most of the problems and issues I experienced along the way.

Jennifer

Best Attorney Software

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Great program with easy customer support (even a chat feature). The prior legal platform software we used constantly had issues with an expensive yearly update that was required. Cosmolex is cloud-based so no need for updates. there is no need for an additional bookkeeping program for your office expenses as the program will handle that along with your trust accounting.

I like that you can handle your everyday office accounting in the same program as your trust accounting. There is no need for a separate program. Our clients love the client portal and they can upload documents directly to the client portal instead of having to bring them into our physical office. Cosmolex keeps each of your client files organized where you can save all of your emails, documents, and share the ones that you need to share with your clients through the client portal.

Contras:

We would like to be able to make one bulk deposit at one time instead of having to go through by individual dates and make individual deposits.

Mohamed
Owner en Canadá
Servicios jurídicos, 2-10 empleados

Horrific Software

1,0 la semana pasada Nuevo

Comentarios: Horrific and do not recommend it. The customer service is designed to waste your time. It is about you having enough time to switch to another software.

The initial sales pitch is great but once they have you, zero customer service and prices keep skyrocketing.

Contras:

It is a terrible user experience after years of using it.

Karin
Office Manager/Bookkeeper en Canadá

Great All in One Solution

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Both lawyers & support staff are very satisfied with the switch to CosmoLex.

Onboarding/migration process was quite smooth; great team to work with.Easy to use all aspects of firm and trust accounting, quarterly reporting, Love the integration with Microsoft 365; getting closer to becoming 'paperless'.Can't wait to get the client portal in full use.The Live Support portal is the best I've ever used. They usually have the answer but if not the matter is immediately escalated and responded to.

Contras:

A bit of a learning curve moving from previous software. Don't switch during a busy period.Would like to see a client ledger which incorporates both trust and general expense entries on single page.

Shawn

Best Legal Management Software

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Cosmolex has increased the efficiency of my firm dramatically. From standard client letters to accounting, to tasks, the program has made all aspects of my practice easier. It is easy to learn and efficient.

Cosmolex is by far the best Legal Management Software on the market. The accounting is superior and specific to the legal industry and the client management options are unmatched.

Contras:

There are sometimes delays as information is being entered. It is relatively minor but something I expect they will improve on.

Miranda
Office Manager en Canadá
Contabilidad, 2-10 empleados

Great Program!

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: It's made reconciling accounts much easier and faster for me. I love the layout. It's also been a breeze to create invoices in (minus needing to edit them afterwards because the customization doesn't do what we'd like it to do).

It's extremely user friendly! I love that I can print all the cheques I need on a file at the same time, or all the cheques I'm using to pay invoices at the same time.

Contras:

The invoice customization tool is the only non user thing about this program.

Denise
Office Manager en Canadá
Práctica de la abogacía, 11-50 empleados

Save yourself a headache

1,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: I regret migrating to this software. not happy with the product, there's a lot of limitations.

easy to use. but i do not recommend it, there's a lot of limitations.

Contras:

-Does not proportionally apply payments to fees, taxes, disbursements which is a serious problem. Cosmolex priorities the taxes and hard cost. So if invoice balance are written off, taxes are overpaid which is not compliant to Canadian tax act and lawyers are underpaid. -The system doesn’t have a report for client introducing lawyer, which is common as most firms pay out referral fees. -Payments for multiple clients is also limited -Users who have timekeeper restrictions are unable to access reports. PC Law is an old system but had this feature. Cosmolex is supposed to be a more sophisticated software. So, 1 person is responsible for generating reports to lawyers. -Having reports downloaded as documents is inefficient. Instead of double-clicking the numbers on the report and the transaction and the transaction opens up, you’ll need to do more steps and find the transaction itself if editing is required. QuickBooks is cloud base and it has this feature.

Alternativas consideradas:

Great Software. Can be a learning curve.

5,0 hace 5 años

The built in efficiency. Great accounting system. Easy to generate invoices, apply payments, and print checks.

Contras:

It takes a bit to learn how to do everything and fully utilize the software. That being said, the customer service is excellent. The software is pricey and I wish there was a discounted rate for firm members who only have limited access.

Kristen
Fuente de la reseña

Best decision I made for my business

5,0 hace 3 años

What I like the most is that virtually everything is in one program and it is super easy to use. It was a smooth transition to migrate files and data over (CosmoLex took this over for me)

Contras:

Used to have a feature where you could sort documents according to tabs (such as date modified, name, etc). This feature was disabled which makes it difficult to find documents within a folder, particularly if there is a high volume of documents. Please bring this feature back!

Cole
Practice Manager and Surrogacy Program Director en EE. UU.

Outstanding Practice Management Software

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: The greatest benefit is the inclusion of accounting functions such that the we can readily prepare the necessary reports for our CPA.

The software is intuitive and straightforward. All necessary options are readily accessible from a simple menu structure, and the inclusion of detailed accounting functions is truly unparalleled.

Contras:

The only difficulty our firm has had has been in discerning how to remove or amend charges to clients once they have been billed and once payment has been received. However, via help and reading on the forums, we now understand this process and it is not difficult.

Amy
Firm Administrator en EE. UU.
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Leaving CosmoLex after 60 frustrating days

1,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I manage 3 small law firms. One of my firms moved from Prolaw to CosmoLex 60 days ago because management wanted to be 100% cloud-based, which Prolaw is not. Unfortunately, my CosmoLex experience has been really frustrating, to say the least. As background, I have used Prolaw for over 20 years, which performs back and front office tasks (like CosmoLex). At another firm, I have used Clio with QBs for about 7 years with lots of success. At a 3rd firm, I use Bill4Time with QBs with lots of success. I really tried to make CosmoLex work for the last 60 days. As the manager of 3 small law firms, I am a stickler for efficiency and productivity. Making small firms competitive with larger firms is a big part of my job. But unfortunately CosmoLex was a huge step backwards in that goal.

You ALWAYS get a live person in customer service and they are GREAT! I have spent hours and hours on the phone, chat and email with many people in customer service in the last 60 days. It is really easy to get a live person, which is great! And I have been impressed with every single one of them. But unfortunately their answer is almost always: "I'm so sorry, CosmoLex cannot do that, I will add it to the list of features we could add." I haven't been around long enough to know if suggestions are actually ever incorporated into the software. Truthfully, so many features would have to be added to make this a viable program, I just can't wait to see. There is a robust filter / search mechanism. Literally, those are the only good things.

Contras:

Everything else. CosmoLex is a great idea, but the execution completely fails at both the accounting and practice management components. Entering data in the software is ridiculously inefficient - from simple time entries, which you have to choose from pulldown, scrolling menus rather than entering data quickly and tabbing through (there is NO tabbing through any data!), to an accounting system that is set up in inflexible, awkward components that make no accounting sense (not a debit or credit to be found), it just doesn't lend itself to efficiency or intuitiveness like most online billing programs. If you are used to customizable columns (who isn't?); screens in which you can edit, print, manipulate multiple items at one time; check boxes to select all or multiple items; or screens that show you totals like hours billed in a day, week or month, account balances, CosmoLex is gonna drive you crazy. It doesn't allow any of the above. There are so many downfalls, I truthfully don't know where to start. Additionally, we purchased the migration service. Each person I worked with was amazingly knowledgeable and professional, but the actual migration was a disaster. After hours of work on my and CosmoLex's migration team's part, my non-financial data migrated into ComsoLex very unusable. Also, they do not actually migrate financial data. I was hoping to move at least 7 years of accounting, as well as, historical invoices from open matters, but that is not possible.

Ana
Attorney at Law en EE. UU.
Servicios jurídicos, 2-10 empleados

Cosmolex Review

4,0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: I became a Cosmolex customer after being a customer of another practice management system and a customer of a widely known accounting software. My law practice incorporates general practice areas ranging from real estate/title agency, personal injury, litigation, family law, to probate and estate planning. With a variety of practice areas such as my firm, the challenges of practice management are complex because each area of the law has its own set of individual policies and procedures. The program I was using didn't capture my time spent on cases, nor created a detailed bill for my clients' review that completely captured all of the work my staff and I performed on their case. Cosmolex produces an invoice for the client that justifies my legal fee, which is essential to client satisfaction, and critical for ethical compliance purposes for cases that are accepted on a retainer or hourly basis. Not only do I earn more money because I'm able to quickly track time and expenses, but I also deliver a better product. Less time is spent telling my client what I did on their case but instead, allows me to focus on the particular legal matter the client hired me to solve. Further, the biggest hurdle to launching a successful law firm (I've only had my own law firm for seven months), is bookkeeping, and I have an in-house, nearly full-time bookkeeper which is also an accountant and is even qualified as an expert in a common accounting software system. However, with all of that knowledge and expertise, so much of my time was spent on accounting, and now it's spent on practicing law and a deeper concentration on my cases. This was not and could not have been possible with other accounting software systems on the market. Trust me, I tried them, and they only created problems. The other systems in the market (even those that are tailored for law firms) simply make the law firm work for the system, and not the system work for the law firm. Cosmolex is comprehensive. It takes care of the daily task delegation, case progress, and time tracking, accounting, employee performance, and reports. My experience has been an eye-opening one. My experience is mostly a relief because without Cosmolex I would still be living in the dark-ages of unproductivity and frustration.

Ease of use, the simplicity of timecards, layout/design, price, functionality across multiple practice areas, ethical compliance considerations, cyber security protection, and mobility.

Contras:

Lack of knowledge by customer support, inability of 24/7 customer support access, inadequate and burdensome contact importing process, access to library of forms and templates with incorporated merge fields, failure of bank integration for purposes of deposits, no app available, not synced with lexicata or another CRM service, doc mgmt could use some navigational ease of use improvement, no place for employees to insert their time for purposes of payroll, no spell checker, inability to make a matter designated as anything other than inactive or active (nice if had more options, such as closed cases, prospective lead, consultation only, referred out), migration of emails into cosmolex, lack of automatic matching of emails to correct corresponding client file (doesn't exist retroactive to joining Cosmolex at all, and once joined, the automatic email matching is rare but is much more usually manual entry, automatic base fee for commonly used tasks and expenses that would automatically be applied to each type of case's invoice for example, fax $2.50, copy cost 30 cents per page, courier fee $5.00, postage cost of $10.00, generate and open file $15, $10 document retention fee, and legal research $20.00, additional permissions for each user based on more than is listed under "role," label generator, sync with efax and adobe sign and google for work, ability to mark certain case documents as confidential and/or only for internal viewing purposes.

hace 8 años

Hi Ana, Thank you for taking the time to detail your thoughts, it is constructive feedback like yours which keeps us grounded. You run a multi-dimensional practice and are a tech enthusiastic, full of ideas. While we currently do not offer 24/7 live customer support as you stated, this is planned for the near future. We also agree that data migration from one system to another can often be very cumbersome. Though we have automated this process quite a bit since you became a customer, we understand that this can be perceived as a major hurdle for some firms, which is why we work hard every day to improve this process. Lastly, we value your comment that "[CosmoLex] is already well beyond its counterparts and is arguably the next big leader in legal tech practice management". We can assure you that we will be relentless in our pursuit of simplifying the practice of law! Erica Birstler, Manager, Client Services Dept.

Marc
Fuente de la reseña

This is a time and money saver for any firm.

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: I was looking for a complete solution to my practice management and accounting needs.

I tried various other platforms including PCLaw and Clio, but they lacked in usability or functionality compared to CosmoLex. PCLaw is outdated, slow and not cloud based, while Clio lacks firm accounting functionality and though they advertise quickbooks syncing, there are major issues with the syncing that requires a great deal of work by the end user. CosmoLex is able to do virtually everything Clio can do with respect to practice management and even has a few unique features. However, where CosmoLex really shines is with its built in accounting system. As a Canadian Lawyer we require certain functionality that our American counterparts do not and CosmoLex has done a great job of meeting our needs. CosmoLex can properly deal with our HST/GST/PST issues and payments as well as offer us accrual based accounting as we are required to use by law. There is NO other cloud based platform with an all-in-one solution for Canadian Lawyers. This is a time and money saver for any firm.

Contras:

I would like to see document generation (of all sorts), multiple clients per matter, the ability to generate Client I.D. Forms from the contact information. Also helpful would be the ability to attach scanned receipts, cheques, and bills to accounting entries similar to the functionality in QuickBooks. Some minor efficiency changes like being able to select certain options when creating an entry rather than having to re-open it afterwards.

Christine
Owner Attorney en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

By far a much better experience in legal software than previous program

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: I am practicing law more than I am fighting with accounting software for lawyers!

It does front and back office and IT WORKS. Very little technical support needed on a regular basis. It allows clients to make payments online through an invoice link and cosmolex is partnered with LawPay. Also integrates well with outlook exchange and all programs like google, onedrive, dropbox ; allows all emails to be saved to the associated matters for easy access. billing process is fairly simple the invoice links are keeping receivables down as client's can pay their bills 24/7. bills are able to be emailed easily and in bulk; invoice reminders and trust deposit requests are easily sent out without the need to draft letters individually to the clients. I could go on and on......

Contras:

Hard to complain about much with this program. It depends on your needs. For me there are still some features I am used to from my server based program that are not availableyet in this cloud based software, but there are lots of things in the works. It seems each month a new feature is released that I had learned to live without or work around. The things I am missing right now are invoices saved automatically to a matter in a hard pdf when initially generated. The original invoice cannot be recreated unless you physically print or save a downloaded copy at the time they are generated.

Laura
Bookkeeper en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

It is easy to get around the program

4,0 hace 7 años

I like that it is easy to get around the program and many things are self-explanatory. I also appreciate the tutorials that are available.

Contras:

1. I sat down with our accountant and went through the chart of accounts - we wanted to erase some of the accounts that we wouldn't be using, but the system prevents it. There are so many similarly named accounts, that I am concerned about how I will make sure I am using the ones that my accountant prefers (as an example, there are at least 3 or 4 options for accounts related to payroll). 2. I don't like that I can't select the option to not allow duplicate checks for our business checking account 3. I don't like that when I click "save and next" when entering checks that the program does not automatically bring up the next check number. I have to hit "save" and then go back in and "add" another transaction in order for that to happen

hace 7 años

Hi Laura. We appreciate your review and feedback. I wanted to take some time to respond to the concerns that you listed 1- Chart of Accounts - While our GL account list is quite flexible, given that we have built-in automated accounting, certain accounts are core to that process and therefore cannot be deleted (fee income, trust funds, reimbursable client costs etc.). In terms of account options, only keep the accounts you wish to use. we offer 4 payroll accounts to cover the various deductions which need to be disbursed. 2- Duplicate checks - you are correct in that our operating accounts do not include the same safeguards as the trust accounts given there is no requirement, however I will enter this request on your behalf. 3- Check Numbers- I assume you are entering manual checks instead of printing them. I do see the issue you are experiencing and will report to our dev team to resolve. Thanks again for your feedback. Any other questions, please let us know.

Sarah
Manager en México

They are always innovating

4,0 hace 7 años

I wanted something that combined both the accounting and matter management in one place. What I like the most is the Customer Support. If I'm having a problem with taking a payment from a client, I can get on the phone and have them resolve the issue without delaying the client. I also like that they constantly ask us what other new functions we'd like to see. They are always innovating, and don't "drop" you once they've got your payment.

Contras:

I wish it would remember matter names and auto-populate that when adding a new client--then i'd like to be able to run reports based on the kinds of matters. I'd also like to be able to bulk mail using our clients' mailing addresses. Finally, I'd like to be able to add in court dates to the matters so that when I run reports, I can filter and organize them according to court dates, rather than client name. I like Cosmolex, but it's clearly set up for civil or other slow-moving firms, and not for traffic, which adds up to 10 clients a day and has many matter subject options.

Alyssa
Rule 6 Law Clerk en México
Fuente de la reseña

Cosmolex has reduced the time for billing clients...

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Cosmolex has reduced the time for billing clients down from 2-3 days to 2-3 hours.

The ability to add charges on the go is a huge plus for the attorney. He can bill his time while in court.

Contras:

Old client invoices, there needs to be a way to unlock invoices to allow payment on outstanding debt. I've contacted customer service and we had a backdoor way of doing it but the newest update to CL has erased that ability. So now old clients who have no active charges are inconvenienced and must come into the office to pay. Would love to see more functions for old accounts!

hace 7 años

Hi Alyssa. Thank you for your feedback. I am not sure I understand the issue you are having. Bills become locked for edits once a payment is received (which can be lifted), but future payments can still be applied, as long as there is a balance. You can resend old, open invoices which have a balance and then apply a payment to those whether by retainer, check or credit card. It does not matter how old they are. If there is something I am missing, or you have additional information which can assist, please email [email protected] and we will be happy to look into this further.

Roxann
bookkeeper en Canadá
Fuente de la reseña

It is very clunky to use.

3,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I just plain don't like it. I also use Soluno, it is a far better software. You can easily make changes from the screen you are on. The visuals are far simpler as well. Plus it is very Canadian, and outstanding chat service.

It is better than PC Law was. Other than that, I would rather not use it.

Contras:

you can't easily correct or edit entries. There is no clicking on when you are on a journal, you need to leave the screen and go somewhere else. Very time consuming. I also don't like that you can't just "view" reports, everything has to be downloaded and it takes time. When I contacted support as to why there were lines running through my view report, I was told it was a glitch...like really!! I don't find it at all intitutive . The downloading of bank statements for reconciliations is very painful, and quite frankly doesn't work.

Nicholas
Partner en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

CosmoLex staff know law and also know accounting.

5,0 hace 5 años

We simply have not found anything else that integrates true accounting with timekeeping and related legal process workflow. Everything else we've used (I could make a list) fell short in terms of features or else required integration among multiple platforms (at a higher cost).

Contras:

There is a bug in the reporting of accounts receivable that is causing us problems. We are eager to see that fixed. CosmoLex does not seem to have an internationally focused law practice in mind. We work with clients in 70 countries, in multiple currencies. We struggle a bit to make that work well--there are some hiccups. Most other issues arise because our knowledge of accounting is poor, so we want to do things that should not be done (from an accounting perspective) or we don't know how to do them. Response time on our requests for help is sometimes slow. Our requests for additional features have not happened.

Mark
Attorney/Owner en EE. UU.

CosmoLex Review

Comentarios: Great.

The accounting features for trust account and integrated credit card processing.

Contras:

This software has met expectations and performed well. It has done about everything that a small law firm could ask.

Rebekah
EE. UU.
Ha utilizado el software durante: No especificado
Fuente de la reseña

Made specifically for law firms - cool!

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: For many years our firm used a number of different back office software products. For example, we used Easy Trust for trust accounting, Quick Books for financial accounting and payroll, and Timeslips for time and billing. These are all products that run on individual computers. About 3 years ago, the company that produced EasyTrust quit supporting that product. For the last 3 years we have basically been on our own regarding trust accounting. It has worked out okay to date, but at some point we knew that we would encounter an operating system problem or something and we would have had a substantial problem and the program would've stopped working and we would've had no support or help.

When we started looking for new trust accounting software, we saw that your product was made specifically for law firms - cool! It also combined trust accounting, financial accounting, time and billing, which was the most appealing aspect. But the fact that Cosmolex is cloud-based, cinched it for us. Because our office manager (who oversees and reconciles the trust accounting -- that is, the software is on her computer) telecommutes from her house. So every time I needed to enter credit card payments, Trust deposits, write checks, etc., I had to drive 3 miles to her house. So being able to do a lot of that work from the office, has been wonderful.

Contras:

Your product is intimidating! It encompasses several different departments and getting everyone on the same page took (and will continue to take) a good amount of time. But your training videos and free support have really helped us. As a suggestion, perhaps transcribing the training videos might be useful for a quick reference?

Jeanne
Office Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

CosmoLex was the only one I found that had accounting built in

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Our former practice management software was outdated and no longer supported by the developer. We were looking for something that would allow us the features we were used to in our personal technologies, such as cloud based storage and usability on multiple platforms, not just desktop PC as our old software required. We've been more than impressed with the bells and whistles, many of which we realize are features we now can't live without!

Built in accounting was the biggest deal breaker for our choosing CosmoLex. As the bookkeeper, fed up with our clunky old software, I was looking for a new system that would be a modern and practical take on practice management and CosmoLex was the only one I found that had accounting built in. Being cloud based allows us to bill time or check in when out of the office and though we had looked at another program that was cloud based, CosmoLex offered greater flexibility and it looks great, to boot.

Contras:

Our office would love to see some updates for the calendar and tasks - specifically a central office calendar that is the default view. We are composed of two attorneys and two support staff where we are all working on the same cases. Short of adding each event to four individual calendars it would great to have everything on one sort of "home" calendar where we can all easily view and comment.

Jordan
Managing member en EE. UU.

Love it!

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I didn't have LMP software before although I did have QuickBooks for awhile. Thus, there is nothing to compare to but it fills the bill for what I need. I think it was thoughtfully designed, and I find it straightforward and easy to use.

I have enjoyed the ease of learning and using this software. I like the Dashboard that tells you many useful things at a glance. Customer service is also very good. I like that it integrates with several other applications, such as LawPay and Casemaker (although I no longer use Casemaker). I also found a CL knowledgeable accountant through the site, which was very useful for getting set up my first year.

Contras:

I really don't have cons. They did go up in price by $10/month without warning (one time in 18 months) but I still think it is a fair value.

Yaakov

Great leap forward

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: Saves time, and allows use seamlessly from work, home, and mobile

A great leap forward from our previous (non-cloud) software.

Contras:

None. It's at least as good as the prior software in every way.

Amber
Lawyer en EE. UU.
Práctica de la abogacía, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Cosmolex is very intuitive software.

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: My assistant and I have enjoyed using Cosmolex, and now feel spoiled by all the great features compared to other file management and accounting software. I have been asked by several lawyers in my city to show them the program, and I wish I was more proficient with it so I could do it justice.

It does everything you wish other programs would do. It's easy to fix any mistakes you make in your billing without having to contact the company for a complicated "work around" solution. If you do have an issue or a suggestion, the customer service department is very responsive.

Contras:

I would like if bills could be further broken down into taxable disbursements and non-taxable disbursements. My assistant and I registered for the training, but were unable to log on at the assigned time, but became too busy to follow up with this, so we have muddled through on our own for the last year.